Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Big Fall & My First Day Out

Chris bought me a "bed wedge" from Bed, Bath, & Beyond and it is fantastic.  It props me up, not quite as much as the recliner, but close.  It has allowed me to sleep in my bed again.





Last night was my 2nd night in our bed and I was doing so well, I could even get in and out of bed on my own. 

I had recently started taking my lupus drug again (I had to go off of it for surgery) and it disrupts my sleep for about 2 weeks when I first start taking it. 

So, I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to get up to use the bathroom.

Not wanting to wake Chris, I felt very accomplished getting out of bed on my own and then snuck around the end of the bed in the dark to make my way to the bathroom. 

As I rounded the corner, I tripped on my treadmill.  My feet got tangled up and I fell directly on my hands and arms. 

Remember me saying how difficult my arms are right now?  How I can hardly use them?  Yeah.

Somehow I was able to keep my chest from hitting the floor and was literally in a plank. 

I found myself screaming in some serious pain and Chris turned on the light and flew out of bed.  I was convinced my incisions were split wide open but they weren't. 

This morning, I felt horrible.  I was totally swollen and had brand new bruising on my right side.  It was discouraging to say the least.  I had been doing so well and then today it felt like I went backwards by about 4 days. 

We decided I should put on the tightest sports bra I could handle so that I could have compression around the bruising.  If there was internal bleeding, it stopped.  The swelling went down quite a bit over the next couple of hours. 

We laid low until about 2pm today and then we decided it was time to get out of the house for the very first time (except for doctor appointments).  It was 80 degrees and sunny and time to take a little outing to the lake!

 
In the car with my pillow.
 
 
 


 
 

 
At the lake!  It was so good to get out of the house and see some friends.  It is renewing for the soul.  Day 19 post-surgery.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment